Frequently Asked Questions

What Happens if My Vehicle is Scrapped?

If you decide to scrap your vehicle because it's failed an MOT or because it's just beyond repair, you can remove the registration by making an application to retain it through the DVLA. The DVLA will allow an application up to 12 months after either the MOT or Road Tax has expired, or within 12 months of applying for a Statutory Off Road Notification (SORN).

If preferred, we can arrange all the paperwork to secure your number plate onto a retention certificate for you for just £20 plus VAT and the £80.00 DVLA fee. Please call us on 01639 888833 or send an email to for further information or assistance.