Need advice? Call now on 01639 888833


4.94 based on 14,150 reviews

How to transfer or retain a vehicle registration number (V317)

A V317 form is a document issued by the DVLA that is used to apply to either transfer a vehicle registration number from vehicle to vehicle, or to a retention certificate (V778) for safe keeping.

Where Can I Obtain a V317

The V317 form can be downloaded from the DVLA website.

Details of how to use the form can be found can be found below.

How a arrange a vehicle to vehicle transfer.

How to transfer a registration from a car to retention.