Terms and Conditions for Buyers
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully as they contain important information about your rights and obligations when purchasing a private registration from The Private Plate Company (“THE PPC").
- 1. A Buyer shall be deemed to be found once THE PPC have received a part or full payment by any means such as cash, cheque, bank card or finance application approval from an intending purchaser of the registration mark.
- 2. THE PPC shall be responsible for the administering of documentation required to transfer the registration mark and will process all papers as quickly as is possible, but will not be liable for any losses howsoever caused due to any delay other than on the part of THE PPC. In the unlikely event that the DVLA revokes the right to a registration mark, THE PPC will not be liable for any damages, interest, or other expense incurred whatsoever.
- 3. If we are transferring the registration to a vehicle, The Buyer is responsible for producing the documentation of the vehicle receiving the mark. If a registration is being supplied on a Retention Certificate, we will arrange this within 7 days of DVLA approving the application. The current DVLA fee of £80.00 is included in the total purchase price of all our registrations.
- 4. Under The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013, if a buyer does not proceed with the transfer of the registration mark after paying the part/full payment, or fails to supply the full documentation required by DVLA, then no part of this payment is refundable, whatsoever, as the service period commences immediately. Ordered registrations cannot be refunded or exchanged, nor will any cancellations be accepted. If a balance payment is not received, a debt recovery company will be employed to recover any payments outstanding. There will be additional charges for their services. Please note there is no cooling off period permitted.
- 5. All registrations are sold subject to availability and we cannot accept any responsibility should the donor of the registration change their mind in respect of selling, or in the unlikely event of failure of the transfer at DVLA transfer level. All registration availability and prices shown throughout this website are subject to change without notice.
- 6. Use of this website's "Buy Online" facility does not guarantee price or availability of your chosen registration.
- 7. The Buyer of any registration mark must forward full payment before a transfer will be submitted to the DVLA, or it's agents. This payment must be made within 14 days of securing the registration by initial part payment (if applicable), or the transaction will be deemed a failure and the Buyer will forfeit their part payment. We must receive any required vehicle documents within a maximum of 28 days from the date of initial payment.
- 8. In the unlikely event of us being unable to supply a registration or if the transaction fails, prior to completion, due to no fault of the Buyer then he/she will receive a full refund of all amounts paid only. This will be in the form of payment received be it cash, cheque or credit card.
- 9. The issue of a new V5 bearing the new registration number shall be conclusive proof that a successful transfer has taken place for both Buyer and Seller.
- 10. If a registration is supplied on a retention certificate or a certificate of Entitlement it is the buyers responsibility to assign the registration before this date. If it is not assigned before this date, the registration will be lost.
- 11. The Secretary of State for Transport, Environment of the Regions or their agents, the DVLA (as keeper of their records), may at any time revoke the right to a registration mark for whatever reason. In this highly unlikely event THE PPC cannot be held responsible. THE PPC are also not liable for any change in Government legislation or it's consequences.
- 12. Although you can purchase a registration that is newer than your vehicle, you cannot display a number plate on a vehicle that makes that same vehicle appear newer. Please note that numbers cannot be cancelled or changed and it is your responsibility to purchase a registration mark that is suitable for the intended vehicle.
- 13. Transfers are limited to vehicles of tax and testable type. This means vehicles listed as limited usage such as farm or agricultural vehicles do not qualify for the transfer scheme and consequently we are unable to to transfer to or from a vehicle of this type.
- 14. If acrylic plates are ordered at the time of sale, we are only able to dispatch them once we receive documentary evidence of either the purchaser or nominee (user) of the registration. This is line with legal requirements set out by DVLA. Once ordered, we are unable to cancel, change or refund.
The terms of this contract do not affect your statutory rights.
We reserve the right to make changes to our website, policies, and these Terms and Conditions at any time. You will be subject to the policies and Terms and Conditions in force at the time that you use the website. Use of our website and services signifies acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
If you have a complaint regarding our website or our service, then please write to The Office Manager, The Private Plate Company, PO Box 200, Port Talbot, SA13 9BH stating your issues. Please include relevant names, dates and times in your correspondence. We aim to respond within 10 business days.
Published date: October 2015